Company History

In 1947 Otto Meffert sen. set up a small paint shop, located in the centre of Bad Kreuznach. In 1985 Klaus and Dieter Meffert took over company responsibility and turned the group into one of the international paint manufacturers in 1991.

2017

Mit der Übernahme des italienischen Herstellers Unione Colori Industrie Chimiche Srl (U.C.I.C) setzt die Meffert AG ihren Expansionskurs in Italien fort.

2016

Meffert AG Farbwerke, together with an Italian partner, acquires Colorificio A. & B. Casati Spa in Verona (Italy) retroactively as of 1 January, 2016.

2016

Meffert AG takes over 100% of the shares in its Russian subsidiaries OOO Meffert Production Noginsk and OOO Meffert Polilux.

2016

The activities of Duisburg FEIDAL GmbH Lacke + Farben are purchased within the framework of an asset deal. The transaction takes effect April 1, 2017.

2014

Meffert AG Schweiz (Switzerland) is established.

 

2013

K.C. Dichtstoff changes its name to Pronova Dichtstoffe GmbH & Co. KG, relocates its headquarters to Bad Kreuznach, and thus expands its space capacities.

2012

Completion and commissioning of the new warehouse extension in Bad Kreuznach with 4500 m² storage space, high racks and a semi-automatic pallet live system.

2011

Swiss Meffert subsidiary acquires the Schekolin building protection segment and changes its name to "Schekolin Bautenschutz AG". The company's headquarters are in Bremgarten/Switzerland.

2010

Grand opening of the new, modern production facility in Russia. Meffert starts production of emulsion paints, plasters, primers and solvent-based varnishes in Noginsk near Moscow.

2009

Meffert's newly founded Chinese subsidiary "MPB Production (Beijing) Co., Ltd." starts producing ecologically friendly emulsion paints.

2008

Meffert AG acquires K.C. Dichtstoff GmbH & Co. KG, a producer of sealants in Trebur-Astheim.

2007

Meffert AG acquires J. Albrecht GmbH & Co. KG in Mainz. Founded in 1852 J. Albrecht is one of the most traditional manufacturers of paints and enamels in Germany.

2006

New production facility for emulsion paints, plasters and primers in Rétsag, Hungary officially opened. Düfa Hungaria becomes Meffert Hungaria Kft.

2006

Meffert AG awarded the BHB Customer service price in the category "innovation" for its new POS tinting system Color Maker II.

2005

New production facility for emulsion paints in Moscow / Russia established.

2004

Meffert AG gains MOE award: 1st price for entrepreneurial performance, success and engagement in Central- and Eastern Europe.

2003

Modernization and expansion of Meffert AG storage tanks for finished goods.

2003

Meffert AG acquires Tex Color Farbwerke GmbH & Co. KG.

2002

Meffert AG participates in KC Dichtstoff GmbH.

2001

New production facility for emulsion paints in Dnepopetrovsk / Ukraine officially opened.

2001

Consolidation of Flamingo France, Profi Color and düfa France results in Meffert France SAS, located in Sarrebourg, France.

2000

Meffert AG acquires Dinova GmbH, one of Germany's oldest emulsion paint manufacturers.

2000

Meffert AG millennium tower, the new production facility for emulsion paints and plasters in Bad Kreuznach, officially opened.

1997

Otto Meffert with limited liability is converted to a limited company, the Meffert AG Farbwerke.

1996

Meffert AG, Beijing established in Beijing / China.

1996

New production facility for acrylic enamels in Ostrau established - one of the most modern plants in Europe.

1995

Düfa Polska in Wrocław, Poland, established.

1993

Düfa Hungaria Kft. in Rétság, Hungary, established.

1992

High-modern production facility for aqueous paints, enamels and varnishes in Ostrau officially opened.

1991

Meffert CR spol. s.r.o. in Prague, Czech Republic established.

1975

The company stops its wholesale activities to concentrate entirely on the production.

1969

Production start for oil paints and enamels.

1962

Otto Meffert sen. starts emulsion paint production in the new works, located in Bad Kreuznach, industrial park.

1955

Otto Meffert sen. developes düfa fillers to close cracks and holes.

1947

A fundamental support for today's Meffert AG is the establishment of the paint shop in the centre of Bad Kreuznach.