Information obligation for customers, interested parties and suppliers
1. Who is responsible for the processing of data and whom can I contact?
Meffert AG Farbwerke
Klaus Meffert (Vorstandsvorsitzender), Dieter Meffert (Vorstand)
55543 Bad Kreuznach
Tel.: +49 (0) 671-870-0
2. You can reach our external data protection officer here:
S&L ITcompliance GmbH
Telefon: +49 (0) 261 92736-0
3. Which data and sources do we use?
- Master data: Insofar as provided by you, for example: title, name, institution, position, postal address, visitor address, telephone, fax, email, website, client number, order and delivery data
- Data protection statements: Declarations of consent, declarations of revocation, statements of objection, statements on the right to information, correction, deletion, limitation of processing, declarations of data portability
- Information: Information/publications requested by you, expert information requested by you
4. Why do we process your data (purpose of processing) and on what legal bases?
We would like to point out that we collect, store, process, and use the personal data for the purpose of initiating, establishing, and processing contract and delivery relationships including delivery, payment, and any warranties. The data collected about you is required for the completion and conclusion of the contract. You are not obliged to provide the data. However, we cannot conclude a contract with you without this data (legal basis: § 6(1)(b) GDPR).
Furthermore, we collect, store, process, and use the data for the purpose of maintaining customer and business relationships, and to market and advertise our products and services. Our legitimate interest in the processing of your data arises in this respect from the attempt to publicise and sell our products and services (legal basis: § 6 (1)(f) GDPR).
In addition, we process data obtained from credit agencies for the purposes of credit checks of our customers, suppliers, and business partners. Our legitimate interest results from our concern in obtaining the contractually owed services (legal basis: § 6(1)(f) GDPR).
Regarding the processing of your data for the duration of statutory tax retention periods, processing is carried out on the basis of § 6(1)(c) GDPR. Furthermore, we process your data based on express consent from you. Thereby, the purpose and type of processing result from the declaration of consent that can be revoked by you at any time.
5. For how long is the data stored?
The data is stored for the duration of the business relationship with the customer and until expiration of warranty and legal retention periods. If consent has been given, the data will be stored until you revoke your consent. If the person concerned has given his/her consent for further utilisation of the data, no deletion of the data will take place.
6. Is data transmitted? (categories of recipients)
A transmission of data to third parties does not take place, with the exception of
- Transmission to third parties for the settlement of contractual and delivery conditions, e.g. banks, transport companies/shipping companies
- Transmission to third parties in the context of marketing and advertising our products and services
- Service providers in the context of order processing
- Transmission to third parties based on legal obligations, as well as commercial and tax obligations (such as tax consultants, tax authorities, etc.,)
A transmission of data to a third country outside the European Union will only take place if such transmission of data is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract between you and us.
7. Which data protection rights do you have?
Every data subject has the right to information according to § 15 GDPR, the right to correction according to §16, the right to deletion according to § 17 GDPR, the right to limitation of processing according to § 18 GDPR, as well as the right to data portability according to § 20 GDPR. You can contact the authority stated in point 1 to exercise your rights mentioned above. In addition, there is a right to complain to the Data Protection Authority (§ 77 GDPR). The responsible supervisory authority for the company Meffert AG Farbwerke is:
The state representative for data protection and freedom of information Rheinland-Pfalz:
Postfach 30 40
Hintere Bleiche 34
Phone: 061 31/208-24 49
Fax: 061 31/208-24 97
8. You additionally have a right to revocation, which is explained in more detail below.
The consent declaration is voluntary and can be revoked with effect for the future at any time. I have been made aware that refusal or revocation of consent cannot have adverse consequences for me. The revocation takes place without any forms and should be directed to the responsible body (see point 1). In the case of revocation, my data will be deleted upon receipt of my revocation, unless compelling reasons for processing can be proven.